Please be mindful that some sneakers require delicate and specialize cleaning procedures. The following steps are general cleaning steps and do not apply to every sneaker.
Here are some steps you can follow to clean your sneakers:
- Remove any dirt or debris from the surface of the shoes using a soft-bristled brush or a clean, dry cloth.
- Mix a small amount of mild detergent with warm water in a bowl. Dip a clean cloth into the solution and gently scrub the surface of the shoes, paying particular attention to any stains or marks.
- Rinse the shoes thoroughly with clean water to remove any soap residue.
- Stuff the shoes with newspaper or a shoe-stretcher to help them retain their shape as they dry.
- Allow the shoes to air dry at room temperature, away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Once the shoes are completely dry, you can use a clean, dry cloth to buff the surface to restore the shine.
Keep in mind that these steps are for general cleaning purposes. If your sneakers are very dirty or heavily soiled, you may need to use a deeper cleaning method, such as using a specialty sneaker cleaning product or taking them to a professional cleaner.