First off, it is not your fault!
More than likely, you did not do anything wrong and it is not your fault that your sneakers have lost color or adopted a dark yellow tint. This is simply nature aging your sneaker in a process referred to as oxidation or yellowing.
Here are a few prevention tips.
- Keep your sneakers clean. Whether you do it yourself with the right products or use a sneaker cleaning service, keeping your sneakers clean is always a good idea to extend their longevity.
- Store away from direct sunlight.
- Remove the paper in the shoe box
- DO NOT use bleach on your sneakers.
- Some materials are more prone to yellowing / oxidation than others.
Common Sneakers that Oxidize / Turn Yellow
- Jordan 11’s
- Adidas Yeezy Boost 350
- Air Jordan 1
- Air Force 1
- Adidas Superstar
- Air Jordan 3 & 4
- Converse All Star
There is hope!
Company’s like Sneakky Klean provide Sneaker Care services which include oxidation reversal. They utilize a2 step combination process which includes the use of an artificial Ultra Violet light box. Pretty neat!